Booking and Refund Policy
Check - in / Check - out policies
- All our hostels’ check-in/check-out timings are-
Check-in time: 13:00 hrs IST
Check-out time: 11:00 hrs IST
- In case the guest arrives earlier than the check-in time, the guest can hang out in the common area till his / her bed/room is ready. However, if the guests are arriving as early as 5:30 - 6:00 am, it is highly recommended to book a bed for the previous night and ensure a good night’s sleep.
- Check-out time at all our hostels is up to 11:00 hrs. Late check-out can be available on prior request and is subject to availability. The guests, however, can wait at the common areas until the time of departure.
-All guests must be of at least 18 years of age to be able to check-in at the Hostel.
- It is mandatory for guests to present valid photo identification at the time of check-in. According to Government regulations, a valid Photo ID has to be carried by every person staying at the hostel.
- The identification proofs accepted are Passport, Aadhar Card, Driving License and Voter ID card. PAN Card is not accepted as a valid ID Card. Guests with Local IDs will not be allowed admission.
- The Hosteller is a backpackers’ hostel and we encourage solo travellers and young backpackers. We do not recommend families to stay at The Hosteller. For the guests who are travelling with families, we recommend you to book a hotel.
- Prepayment is mandatory at the property during check-in.
- Non-resident guests are not allowed inside the rooms. In case you want to invite someone, you can meet with them in the common areas. The timings for the visitors are 10 am - 7 pm across all our hostels.
- In the case of 3 or 4 people travelling together, please note that we do not guarantee accommodation in the same dorm room
- Different destinations and properties may have different policies during specific times of the year.
- Guest are responsible for their own personal belongings.
- Outside pets are not allowed.
- Should any action by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the Hostel, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the hostel, the hostel reserves the right, after the allegations have been investigated, to take action against the guest.
- Right to admission is reserved.
-We have a 3-day cancellation policy (i.e. 72 hours from the standard check-in time 13:00). Your booking amount is eligible for a refund only if we are informed 72 hours in advance. Failure to inform us within this time will result in cancellation charges.
- Payment of the balance amount is necessary at the time of check-in.
- The reservations made at the hostel are non-transferable. Therefore, it is mandatory for the guest to show up in whose name the booking has been made.
-Refunds would be made through bank transfer and would be processed within 5-7 working days. Processing fee would be charged extra
-Every foreign guest at all The Hosteller hostels must carry and present during the time of check-in: their passport and a valid visa in originals.
-Every Pakistani guest at all The Hosteller hostels must carry and present during the time of check-in: an additional residence permit letter from the Indian High Commission in Islamabad along with the passport and valid visa in originals.
-Local residents are not allowed to stay at The Hosteller. Local residents i.e. people living in the city or any adjoining areas where a The Hosteller is located are not allowed to stay at The Hosteller in the respective city. The staff at all the hostels will ascertain the city of the guests’ residence on basis of the address proof that the guests provide during the check-in.