WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS TREK?
Because this time the Valentine’s Day is on a long weekend. A valentines spent with gift cards and materialistic knick-knacks is not enough. Because no matter if you are with your better half or just yourself, you can make use of this long weekend and fall in love with the beautiful town of Manali.
Comfortable Stay Delicious Meals Engaging Activities
Valentine’s Day in the Mini-Switzerland of India!
Ancient towns and frequent adrenaline rushes await you on this amazing trip
EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TREK
The Ice Breaking, The Castle, The Bonfire
- We check-in at The Hosteller Manali at around 11 AM. We rest for a few hours and check out the fantastic views from the Hogger Cafe.
- We meet the amazingly interesting trip coordinator who will entertain you for the rest of the trip. (He can crack jokes or teach you some dance moves)
- We leave for Naggar to visit the famous Naggar Castle. The Castle in Naggar is a medieval mansion of wood and stone that overlooks the beautiful valley of Kullu. Great time to click a group selfie? Eh?
- We then move to The Roerich estate which was the home of the famous Russian painter and artists Nikolai Roerich. This dude loved Naggar so much that he literally moved to India! The museum features many of his paintings. More interesting facts would be thrown at you by the ever-entertaining coordinator!
- And then we shall move towards The Hosteller Manali for a delicious vegetarian dinner around a bonfire while discussing some alien conspiracies.
Highlights: Amazing View from the Cafe, Ice-Breaking, The Ancient Castle, Delicious Dinner, Scary Stories at Bonfire
The Road Trip, The Solang Valley, The Jogni Falls
- Wake up to a delicious breakfast served at 8:00 AM.
- It’s 10:00 AM, time for some action at Solang Valley. The whole group packs up in their respective cars. An hour-long road trip begins. Do look out of the window to glance at dense pine forests and serene views.
- As we reach Solang, the group is free to choose from the various adventure activities like ATV tour, ropeway and paragliding. We halt at Solang for 3 hours. In case you are not up for any sport you can join the coordinator for a game of Ninja.
- It’s time to get moving for the famous Jogni waterfall which is considered sacred by the locals and falls from an astonishing height of 150 meters. We pick a spot and have some tea while glancing over the magnificent waterfall. The Trip coordinator now initiates a game of Bluff with 3 sets of cards. The Bluffmaster gets a free stay at any of our property.
- We now move back to The Hosteller Manali. After a long and fun journey, we are served a delicious vegetarian meal. Post dinner we do an Insta live session and share our experience of the entire journey.
Highlights: Road Trip to Solang, Adventure Sports in Solang, Tea at the Jogni Falls, The Most Epic Bluff Game Ever, Insta Live Session
The Group Selfie, The Departure, The Sadness!
- Wake up to another round of delicious breakfast. Momentary gloominess can be expected as the trip is about to end.
- The trip coordinator assembles everyone and clicks a group selfie. (which will be sent to each person as a postcard in the coming week)
- Its 11, at this point you are free to explore the Mall Road (10 Mins away from The Hosteller Manali), rest at our common spaces or weep in a corner. (The trip coordinator won’t let you but you can definitely try)
Meals & stay as mentioned in the itinerary.
Manali local sightseeing.
Local transfers (Manali – Naggar – Solang- Manali).
Expert trip leader to assist you.
First aid (if needed).
Lunch on all days.
Other local transfers.
Entry fees anywhere (if applicable).
Any personal expenses and needs.
Any unforeseen fees/costs due to natural causes or government policies.
Hiking equipment like hiking shoes etc.
Comfortable clothing and raincoat.
Warm woolen clothes (depending upon the season).
Items like knife, lighter, torch, power banks, notebook, pen etc.
Camera or any other photography/videography equipment (personal decision).
All disclosure form (shared by The Hosteller).
Q: What is the best time to go on this trip?
A: October – June.
Q: What is the difficulty level of this trip?
A: Not at all difficult. Perfect trip for all ages and genders.
Q: What should I pack?
A: Refer to our “things to carry” section.
Q: Would I need to buy camping equipment and accessories?
A: No, you don’t need to buy anything except items listed in “things to carry” section.
Q: Who would lead us on the trip?
A: Our community manager and highly trained trip leaders will assist you during this trip.
Q: How would the weather be during the trip?
A: March – June (Bright & Sunny)
July – August (Sunny & Rainy)
September – October (Bright & Sunny)
November – January (Snowy).
Q: What all activities would be involved?
A: There will be visits to famous places like Naggar castle and museum, a picnic at Jogni falls, bonfire, s’more making, indoor games etc. You can also indulge in several adventure sports activities in Solang Valley.
Q: How do I pack?
A: We recommend you to pack light while trekking. Keep essentials in a small backpack and leave the rest of the luggage at the base location while hiking elsewhere. Avoid carrying items that are very bulky.
Cancellations made 7 days before the start date of the trip will attract 50% of booking value as cancellation fees.
Cancellations made within 3 days before the start date of the trip will attract 100% of booking value cancellation fees.
In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Refunds would be made through bank transfer and would be processed within 5-7 working days